Re: Passing of a great star: Mistress Minowara Kiritsubo

  • lorik_gryphon
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2011
      I...I can't imagine how Phillip must feel at this moment. And I am sure there is little anyone can say to ease his pain.

      Please, if you know him, can you pass on my deepest sympathies to him for his great loss. I am so very sorry.

      Koga no Kenshiro Hideyori, called TakaGo

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, JL Badgley <tatsushu@...> wrote:

      > Unlike the cherry,
      > the paulownia branches
      > are still winter-bare.
      > In this, the springtime season
      > Where are those long-missed blossoms?
      >

      > The following message was released by her husband, Master Phillip of Gent,
      > regarding Mistress Minowara Kiritsubo, the first person I know of to receive
      > a laurel for Japanese arts in the Kingdom of Atlantia, and a terrific
      > mentor, educator, and friend.
      >

      > > All:
      > >
      > > There has been quite a bit of chatter on FB & emails, so I want to put
      > > forth a brief message. Kiri's abdominal surgery was Monday, 7-March, and
      > > they released her last Monday, 14-March. Things were progressing well - she
      > > was walking, sitting up & doing the Phys Therapy stairs. Once home, she
      > > could walk without assistance, get into/out of bed and various chairs, etc.
      > >
      > > This morning around 10 am she complained of not being able to breathe
      > > deeply - no pain, just shallow breaths. After calling her surgeon in
      > > Baltimore and primary physician here in Prince Frederick, we were directed
      > > to take her to the emergency room. When she went back to change, her
      > > breathing got more ragged & I called 911 for transport. Before they arrived,
      > > she collapsed & I administered CPR & artificial respiration - the EMTs
      > > arrives a few minutes later - about 10:30,
      > >
      > > They got her to the ER and got her heart going again, but she was on a
      > > breathing machine & some of her organs shut down. She was Med-Evac'd to the
      > > Georgetown University Hospital ICU, and I drove there to be with her
      > > (delayed by rush hour traffic). The docs there had her wired up, but told me
      > > that her heart had stopped several times, and there was probably brain
      > > damage due to lack of O2. We both have living wills, so after consultation
      > > with the physician I had them remove the tubes. She left us about 5 minutes
      > > later, at 6:45 pm.
      > >
      > > This was probably caused by a clot in her lungs/heart/brain but that has
      > > not been confirmed yet. The onset was quite sudden, but I am glad she did
      > > not suffer.
      > >
      > > Thank you all for your good thoughts, concern and support.
      > >
      > > - Phillip
      > >
      > > "Good bye my Love - the brightest star in my sky."

    • Anthony Bryant
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2011
        On Mar 16, 2011, at 11:00 PM, JL Badgley wrote:

        > The following message was released by her husband, Master Phillip of Gent,
        > regarding Mistress Minowara Kiritsubo, the first person I know of to receive
        > a laurel for Japanese arts in the Kingdom of Atlantia, and a terrific
        > mentor, educator, and friend.

        I've been staring at my screen for like ten minutes. Words totally fail me.

        I absolutely am at a loss of what to say.

        I've known Kiri for like 30 years, and... damn. I really can't believe it.

        We've lost a great resource, and a great friend.

        Goodbye, Kiri. Thanks for everything. I'll miss you.

        Edward