Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Children

  • Michelle Touketto
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2011
      Thank you for all the advice! The event was yesterday, and while everyone
      loved our garb, loved that we all matched (personal thing I like to do), and
      the brocade I used for *uchikake and **dofuku, *the most oohs, aahs, and
      picture requests were of our little girl's brocade kimono. I say kimono
      because it was closer to that than to a kosode, as I ran out of time to do
      it really right. It also came out shorter than measured. Posting pictures
      here shortly. The only "criticism" that I received was when I became too
      warm during feast and switched my *uchikake *to around my waist and a woman
      who's very familiar with Japanese garb, said I was only supposed to do that
      during summer*. * I'm 24 weeks pregnant, so I figure I'm allowed some
      lee-way if that's specifically true!

      Thanks again for all your advice, help, and the websites that some of you
      have already created!

      Sincerely,

      Michelle/Gwenhwyvar

      On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 3:18 AM, Oni <deathscythe_boogie_man@...>wrote:

      > Even going off anime, here's a picture of a baby from Spirited Away:
      >
      > http://www.fanpop.com/spots/spirited-away/images/400757/title/spirited-away-photo
      >
      > Looks like all the other pictures. You could always make a little Kimono
      > for her as well :D
      >

      > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com <sca-jml%40yahoogroups.com>, Michelle
      > Touketto <ladygwenhwyvar@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Now that I'm almost done with mine and my husband's garb, I need to
      > decide
      > > what to have our daughter wear. She's just over a year old. Any
      > > suggestions?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Gwenhwyvar

      "All knowledge is worth having." Anafiel Delaunay, Kushiel's Dart.