Re: Children

  • Oni
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2011
      Even going off anime, here's a picture of a baby from Spirited Away:
      http://www.fanpop.com/spots/spirited-away/images/400757/title/spirited-away-photo

      Looks like all the other pictures. You could always make a little Kimono for her as well :D

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Michelle Touketto <ladygwenhwyvar@...> wrote:

      > Now that I'm almost done with mine and my husband's garb, I need to decide
      > what to have our daughter wear. She's just over a year old. Any
      > suggestions?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Gwenhwyvar

    • Michelle Touketto
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 30, 2011
        Thank you for all the advice! The event was yesterday, and while everyone
        loved our garb, loved that we all matched (personal thing I like to do), and
        the brocade I used for *uchikake and **dofuku, *the most oohs, aahs, and
        picture requests were of our little girl's brocade kimono. I say kimono
        because it was closer to that than to a kosode, as I ran out of time to do
        it really right. It also came out shorter than measured. Posting pictures
        here shortly. The only "criticism" that I received was when I became too
        warm during feast and switched my *uchikake *to around my waist and a woman
        who's very familiar with Japanese garb, said I was only supposed to do that
        during summer*. * I'm 24 weeks pregnant, so I figure I'm allowed some
        lee-way if that's specifically true!

        Thanks again for all your advice, help, and the websites that some of you
        have already created!

        Sincerely,

        Michelle/Gwenhwyvar

        On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 3:18 AM, Oni <deathscythe_boogie_man@...>wrote:

        > Even going off anime, here's a picture of a baby from Spirited Away:
        >
        > http://www.fanpop.com/spots/spirited-away/images/400757/title/spirited-away-photo
        >
        > Looks like all the other pictures. You could always make a little Kimono
        > for her as well :D
        >

        > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com <sca-jml%40yahoogroups.com>, Michelle
        > Touketto <ladygwenhwyvar@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Now that I'm almost done with mine and my husband's garb, I need to
        > decide
        > > what to have our daughter wear. She's just over a year old. Any
        > > suggestions?
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Gwenhwyvar

        "All knowledge is worth having." Anafiel Delaunay, Kushiel's Dart.