Re: Children

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2011
      Kano Hideyoshi's "The Maple Viewers" from the Tokyo National Museum collectionshows some children in this detail in kosode with soft scarf-like obi tied in bows at the back.

      http://www.tnm.jp/gallery/search/images/max/C0042441.jpg

      Saionji no Hana
      West Kingdom
    • Erin Kelly
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 29, 2011
        If you're putting a baby in kosode I recommend adding ties or other
        additional hidden fasteners to keep it closed. I have enough trouble
        keeping mine together!

        ERIN
      • Oni
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 30, 2011
          Even going off anime, here's a picture of a baby from Spirited Away:
          http://www.fanpop.com/spots/spirited-away/images/400757/title/spirited-away-photo

          Looks like all the other pictures. You could always make a little Kimono for her as well :D

          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Michelle Touketto <ladygwenhwyvar@...> wrote:

          > Now that I'm almost done with mine and my husband's garb, I need to decide
          > what to have our daughter wear. She's just over a year old. Any
          > suggestions?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Gwenhwyvar

        • Michelle Touketto
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 30, 2011
            Thank you for all the advice! The event was yesterday, and while everyone
            loved our garb, loved that we all matched (personal thing I like to do), and
            the brocade I used for *uchikake and **dofuku, *the most oohs, aahs, and
            picture requests were of our little girl's brocade kimono. I say kimono
            because it was closer to that than to a kosode, as I ran out of time to do
            it really right. It also came out shorter than measured. Posting pictures
            here shortly. The only "criticism" that I received was when I became too
            warm during feast and switched my *uchikake *to around my waist and a woman
            who's very familiar with Japanese garb, said I was only supposed to do that
            during summer*. * I'm 24 weeks pregnant, so I figure I'm allowed some
            lee-way if that's specifically true!

            Thanks again for all your advice, help, and the websites that some of you
            have already created!

            Sincerely,

            Michelle/Gwenhwyvar

            On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 3:18 AM, Oni <deathscythe_boogie_man@...>wrote:

            > Even going off anime, here's a picture of a baby from Spirited Away:
            >
            > http://www.fanpop.com/spots/spirited-away/images/400757/title/spirited-away-photo
            >
            > Looks like all the other pictures. You could always make a little Kimono
            > for her as well :D
            >

            > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com <sca-jml%40yahoogroups.com>, Michelle
            > Touketto <ladygwenhwyvar@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Now that I'm almost done with mine and my husband's garb, I need to
            > decide
            > > what to have our daughter wear. She's just over a year old. Any
            > > suggestions?
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Gwenhwyvar

            "All knowledge is worth having." Anafiel Delaunay, Kushiel's Dart.