Samurai Dog Armor found

  • Octavian Silvermoon
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
      This might be an old article for some (September 2006 from onb source,
      February 2008 for the link), but it was just pointed out to me.

      http://pinktentacle.com/2008/02/samurai-dog-armor/

      So in case like I you haven't seen it yet, enjoy!

      Octavian
    • JESSICA DODGE
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 17, 2010
        I am glad to see this interesting piece was used only for decoratoin. It appears to be uncomfortable.
        Helena

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 17, 2010
          And just looking at it you can tell it wasn't designed for combat. The
          "helmet" for the dog encloses the snout. Without any way to bite, he has no
          real way to hurt someone.

          On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 7:33 AM, JESSICA DODGE <kaythiarain@...>wrote:

          > I am glad to see this interesting piece was used only for decoratoin. It
          > appears to be uncomfortable.
          > Helena
          >
          > --- On Thu, 12/16/10, Octavian Silvermoon <octavian@...<octavian%40silvermoondesigns.org>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > From: Octavian Silvermoon <octavian@...<octavian%40silvermoondesigns.org>
          > >
          > Subject: [SCA-JML] Samurai Dog Armor found
          > To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com <sca-jml%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Date: Thursday, December 16, 2010, 8:04 AM
          >

          > This might be an old article for some (September 2006 from onb source,
          > February 2008 for the link), but it was just pointed out to me.
          >
          > http://pinktentacle.com/2008/02/samurai-dog-armor/
          >
          > So in case like I you haven't seen it yet, enjoy!
          >
          > Octavian

          "You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I
          things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I
          take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
          -Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5

          John Lyon
          aka The Ugly Dragon
          aka Kita Jiru Toramassa

        • Renee Pitcock
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 17, 2010
            Well, there's also the fact that the line of the armor doesn't match any native Japanese dog breed I can think of.  Native Japanese dog breeds are all spitz breeds that have much more angular lines that this armor.

            ~Morina O'Donovan