Re: Battle Cries

  • Erin Kelly
    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 14, 2010
      Does anyone here know how old/applicable these expressions (learned via
      modern Japanese pop culture) might be?

      - Yosh! (motivating exclamation before attempting something physical or
      difficult)
      - Yu-issho! (I think this is to motivate people working together, but I
      might be mis-hearing it.)
      - Ganbatte! (go for it/ do your best)
      - Yatta! (I did it)

      ERIN

    • JL Badgley
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 14, 2010
        On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Erin Kelly <tupan4@...> wrote:
        > Does anyone here know how old/applicable these expressions (learned via
        > modern Japanese pop culture) might be?
        >
        >  - Yosh! (motivating exclamation before attempting something physical or
        > difficult)
        >  - Yu-issho! (I think this is to motivate people working together, but I
        > might be mis-hearing it.)
        >  - Ganbatte! (go for it/ do your best)
        >  - Yatta! (I did it)
        >
        > ERIN

        They all strike me as modern, and yet I wouldn't worry about that for
        purposes of the SCA; it will still add flavor to your persona. The
        words are not necessarily modern, I just don't know about the
        pronunciation.