Re: [SCA-JML] Battle Cries

    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 8 3:37 PM

      > here are some ideas
      > I like saying ..ile...ike...ike..ike. it means go...go...go...go
      > its easy =P
      Ike is the imperative (command) form of "go"
      Doke is the imperative (command) form of "get out of the way"
      Shime is the imperative (command) form of "die"

      Basically, "ike" sounds a bit to encouraging to your enemy to me.

    • JL Badgley
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 14 4:24 PM
        On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Erin Kelly <tupan4@...> wrote:
        > Does anyone here know how old/applicable these expressions (learned via
        > modern Japanese pop culture) might be?
        >
        >  - Yosh! (motivating exclamation before attempting something physical or
        > difficult)
        >  - Yu-issho! (I think this is to motivate people working together, but I
        > might be mis-hearing it.)
        >  - Ganbatte! (go for it/ do your best)
        >  - Yatta! (I did it)
        >
        > ERIN

        They all strike me as modern, and yet I wouldn't worry about that for
        purposes of the SCA; it will still add flavor to your persona. The
        words are not necessarily modern, I just don't know about the
        pronunciation.