Re: [SCA-JML] Battle Cries

  • Jeanel Walker
    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 8, 2010
      here are some ideas
      I like saying ..ile...ike...ike..ike. it means go...go...go...go
      its easy =P

      others that i found are as follows

      "time to die" or "are you ready to die" it's pronounced "shi-no-jo"

      Kougeki Kaishi ! (start to attack)

      Ike!(go)

      from :Outrageous Japanese: Slang, Curses and Epithets
      we have

      Keri wo tsukeyo = lets settle this or Lets put an end to this

      Beso wo kaku = literally means to be on the verge of tears, to snivle and whimper

      Seibai shite kureru = I'll distroy you

      you can go to amazon and look inside to see a few more

      hope this helps !!!

      Jeanel Walker aka Eilionora "Takaatsu" of Kisimull

      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 14, 2010
        On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Erin Kelly <tupan4@...> wrote:
        > Does anyone here know how old/applicable these expressions (learned via
        > modern Japanese pop culture) might be?
        >
        >  - Yosh! (motivating exclamation before attempting something physical or
        > difficult)
        >  - Yu-issho! (I think this is to motivate people working together, but I
        > might be mis-hearing it.)
        >  - Ganbatte! (go for it/ do your best)
        >  - Yatta! (I did it)
        >
        > ERIN

        They all strike me as modern, and yet I wouldn't worry about that for
        purposes of the SCA; it will still add flavor to your persona. The
        words are not necessarily modern, I just don't know about the
        pronunciation.