Re: The evolution of womens attire from 300ad to late Edo, in photos.

  • art_fetish
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2010
      Corrections to my own post:

      Maramachui is wrong, it is spelled Muromachi.

      I've somehow mixed some Nara period photos in with others.

      My bad!
      I hope you enjoy :)
      -K
    • art_fetish
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 4, 2010
        I am perfectly aware of the yen to dollar conversion. I do run a import company of direct from Japan textiles. It's not the books cost that will hurt, its the shipping that will kill you. At the time I ordered it, they only offered 1 day express...from Japan. I hope they have better options now, Ive had the book a while now.
        -K

        > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "art_fetish" <art_fetish@> wrote:
        > >
        > > The ISNB for the book: isbn 978-4-87940-572-2
        > >
        > > Buy the book on Amazon Japan (warning, cost me around $50) -
        > > http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4879405728/ref=nosim/booksbyisbn-22
        > >
        > > A fair warning, this is a small book. It is around the size of my hand. the book is in Japanese, and is 260 pages.
        >
        > Amazon.jp currently has it for 1260 yen (under $16 US).
        > http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4879405728/ref=nosim/booksbyisbn-22
        >
        > Saionji no Hana
        > West Kingdom

      • LJonthebay
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 4, 2010
          Never mind: I thought it looked familiar and I found my copy.

          For anyone interested in acquiring it, it's a paperback edition with pages about the size of a post-card. Approximately half of it is devoted to photographs of models in pre-Edo dress.

          Saionji no Hana