Re: The evolution of womens attire from 300ad to late Edo, in photos.

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2010
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "art_fetish" <art_fetish@...> wrote:
      > Below are the photos from the slideshow. The first image in the list is
      > the source book from which these images come from.

      How about an ISBN#?

      Saionji no Hana
      West Kingdom
    • art_fetish
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 4, 2010
        The ISNB for the book: isbn 978-4-87940-572-2

        Buy the book on Amazon Japan (warning, cost me around $50) -
        http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4879405728/ref=nosim/booksbyisbn-22

        A fair warning, this is a small book. It is around the size of my hand. the book is in Japanese, and is 260 pages.

        -K

        > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "art_fetish" <art_fetish@> wrote:
        > > Below are the photos from the slideshow. The first image in the list is
        > > the source book from which these images come from.
        >
        > How about an ISBN#?
        >
        > Saionji no Hana
        > West Kingdom

      • art_fetish
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 4, 2010
          Corrections to my own post:

          Maramachui is wrong, it is spelled Muromachi.

          I've somehow mixed some Nara period photos in with others.

          My bad!
          I hope you enjoy :)
          -K
        • LJonthebay
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 4, 2010
            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "art_fetish" <art_fetish@...> wrote:

            > The ISNB for the book: isbn 978-4-87940-572-2
            >
            > Buy the book on Amazon Japan (warning, cost me around $50) -
            > http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4879405728/ref=nosim/booksbyisbn-22
            >
            > A fair warning, this is a small book. It is around the size of my hand. the book is in Japanese, and is 260 pages.

            Amazon.jp currently has it for 1260 yen (under $16 US).

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 4, 2010
              I am perfectly aware of the yen to dollar conversion. I do run a import company of direct from Japan textiles. It's not the books cost that will hurt, its the shipping that will kill you. At the time I ordered it, they only offered 1 day express...from Japan. I hope they have better options now, Ive had the book a while now.
              -K

              > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "art_fetish" <art_fetish@> wrote:
              > >
              > > The ISNB for the book: isbn 978-4-87940-572-2
              > >
              > > Buy the book on Amazon Japan (warning, cost me around $50) -
              > > http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4879405728/ref=nosim/booksbyisbn-22
              > >
              > > A fair warning, this is a small book. It is around the size of my hand. the book is in Japanese, and is 260 pages.
              >
              > Amazon.jp currently has it for 1260 yen (under $16 US).
              > http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4879405728/ref=nosim/booksbyisbn-22
              >
              > Saionji no Hana
              > West Kingdom

            • LJonthebay
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 4, 2010
                Never mind: I thought it looked familiar and I found my copy.

                For anyone interested in acquiring it, it's a paperback edition with pages about the size of a post-card. Approximately half of it is devoted to photographs of models in pre-Edo dress.

                Saionji no Hana