Re: [SCA-JML] Tansu books

  • Dean Wayland
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2010
      Hi Jim,

      > Japanese cabinetry : the art & craft of tansu / David Jackson & Dane Owen
      >
      >This was the other book I was trying to think of, around 250+ pages,
      >well illustrated, has some construction info.

      Ah, IIRC that's the book the chap who makes our hitsu has. I saw it
      briefly, nice sections on joinery.

      >The new Koizumi book is not as good, Traditional Japanese chests : a
      >definitive guide / Kazuko Koizumi ; translation, Gavin Frew
      >
      >It has fewer pages, around 150, and fewer illustrations. A bit
      >disappointing.

      My copy has just arrived, not had a chance to go through it yet in any
      detail. However I did like the colour illustrations of the different
      kinds of wood used in chest manufacture.

      Just have to see how it reads.

      Yours

      Dean

      --