Semi-Japanese Royalty

  • ErinK
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2010
      Just as a point of interest, the new prince and princess of Aethelmearc are members of Clan Yamakaminari - Duke Christopher Rawlins and Duchess Morgen of Rye. Although they both have European persona, they have a strong interest in things Japanese and also they don't suck at it.

      They'll be on the throne at Pennsic 40, come out and see us! (Aethelmearc royalty spend 6 months as heirs and 6 months on the throne.)

      Here's a relevant pic from Crown Tourney (he won, though she fought too). http://www.flickr.com/photos/baronsteffan/5093728370/

      ERIN

      P.S. I should probably disclose that I'm not unrelated to these folks, but really am not meaning to toot my own (clan's) horn. My point is that if you've been thinking about cool Asian stuff to do in Aethelmearc or at Pennsic, this might be the year.

      In related news, I could use some more classy garb - any ideas for a female Japanese outfit (any period) shiny enough for court but practical enough for chasing a 4-year-old? ;-)