Re: Female name help

  • Jeremy
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 17, 2010
      I wish I could. I have been learning some of the spoken language over the last few years, kanji Is a bit beyond me at this point.

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Ben Overmyer <manatrance@...> wrote:

      > First question: can you read Japanese?
      >
      > Yours in service,
      > Sagara Tsuyoshi
      >
      > On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Jeremy <jjmallory@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Greeting noble cousins! As I am sure everyone here know finding a source
      > > for a pre-edo female name is difficult. I am training a new female fighter
      > > in my local group. She wants to have a japanese persona like mine. I am
      > > having trouble with the documentation part of submitting a name for her. She
      > > has been going by Yoshihide Kikuyo no Katano. She love the Kiku part because
      > > the chrysathimum is her favorite flower. Just looking for some help if at
      > > all possible. Btw going with Muromachi period. Somewhere around 1500.
      > >
      > > thanks in advance
      > > Hideyoshi Yoshimitsu

    • Jeremy
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 17, 2010
        Thank you all for the assistance. I think I am on the right track now. After deliberation with my student, we have descided to go with Yoshida Kiku. I have already gotten the documentation for both. Again thank you so very much.
        Yours in service
        Hideyoshi Yoshimitsu