Re: [SCA-JML] Female name help

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 16, 2010

      Greetings from Solveig! I just thought that I would mention that
      Tsunoda does note the use of -no- with uji names during the Muromachi
      period.

    • Jeremy
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 17, 2010
        I wish I could. I have been learning some of the spoken language over the last few years, kanji Is a bit beyond me at this point.

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Ben Overmyer <manatrance@...> wrote:

        > First question: can you read Japanese?
        >
        > Yours in service,
        > Sagara Tsuyoshi
        >
        > On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Jeremy <jjmallory@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Greeting noble cousins! As I am sure everyone here know finding a source
        > > for a pre-edo female name is difficult. I am training a new female fighter
        > > in my local group. She wants to have a japanese persona like mine. I am
        > > having trouble with the documentation part of submitting a name for her. She
        > > has been going by Yoshihide Kikuyo no Katano. She love the Kiku part because
        > > the chrysathimum is her favorite flower. Just looking for some help if at
        > > all possible. Btw going with Muromachi period. Somewhere around 1500.
        > >
        > > thanks in advance
        > > Hideyoshi Yoshimitsu

      • Jeremy
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 17, 2010
          Thank you all for the assistance. I think I am on the right track now. After deliberation with my student, we have descided to go with Yoshida Kiku. I have already gotten the documentation for both. Again thank you so very much.
          Yours in service
          Hideyoshi Yoshimitsu