Secrets of the Silk Road - exhibition of early Chinese artifacts

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2010
      Thought to mention this as I finally got my copy of the exhibition catalogue for this exhibition of archaeological finds from China, many dating from the Tang Dynasty (contemporaneous with Heian Japan), many much earlier.

      It's currently at the Houston Museum through January 2, 2011
      http://www.hmns.org/exhibits/special_exhibits/silk_road.asp

      and coming to the Penn Museum February 5 through June 5, 2011.
      http://www.penn.museum/upcoming-exhibits/749-secrets-of-the-silk-road.html

      Mistress Tangwystl (the one who clued me in it was at the Bowers this summer) had much more time than I did to spend at the exhibit and has webbed her notes and sketches on garment textiles from this show.
      http://heatherrosejones.com/silkroad/index.html

      Enjoy,
      Saionji no Hana