Re: [SCA-JML] Assistance requested

  • Sonny Scott
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 24 7:18 PM
      I have no idea. The pages are uneven, but the typeset seems consistent. The page
      that seems to be removed is directly connected to the title page. The cut also
      cut through part of the content page, so I'm guessing a razor blade of some
      type. The only thing I can think that might be a reason, might be something of a
      personal note. The 45 is hand written in a style that reminds me of pen and ink
      well.

      I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

      There is a book plate in the front of the book with the name "Helen Biddle
      Griscom Bettle"

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 25 9:44 AM
        Amazon.com has a somewhat cryptic listing as they don't actually have the thing in stock:
        http://www.amazon.com/Oriental-Japan-China-Vol-Marquis/dp/B00227B0A8/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1285432376&sr=1-1

        Publisher is listed as J.C. Millet with a publication date of 1900 and an ASIN# of B00227B0A8.

        Googling the ASIN did not help.

        Worldcat.org lists a number of titles by Ito, most in Japanese.

        For what it's worth.

        Saionji no Hanae
        Bibliomaniac
      • Sonny Scott
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 1, 2010
          Thank you -

          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 1, 2010
            Fascinating. I posted this on Saturday 9/25....

            > Amazon.com has a somewhat cryptic listing as they don't actually have the thing in stock:
            > http://www.amazon.com/Oriental-Japan-China-Vol-Marquis/dp/B00227B0A8/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1285432376&sr=1-1

            SNIPPED