Estrella War 2011

  • juditheileen21
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2010
      Ohayo gozaimasu,

      Is there a Japanese encampment at Estrella War. If so I would like to come visit. Or does everyone camp with their local group?

      Domo.

      Judith Anne
      (who doesn't have a Japanese name yet)
    • LJonthebay
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2010
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "juditheileen21" <judith.eileen@...> wrote:
        > Is there a Japanese encampment at Estrella War. If so I would like to come visit. Or does everyone camp with their local group?

        There has been in past years. It's called Rising Sun. We have members from several kingdoms. Once we start thinking about getting our ducks in a row in another month or so, I'll post an announcement to the list.

      • LJonthebay
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2011
          The class schedule is live at https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Aj6-bSgcGn-2dFdnU01IWXBjVy1wRzdUVXhqbjNDY0E&hl=en&output=html

          I will be teaching Beginner taiko on Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 3 PM. Explore the rhythms of Japan, used for centuries for rituals, dance and festive celebrations. This is a hands-on drumming workshop

          I'll also be offering "Before the Shogun" An overview of pre-1600 Japanese garb, on Saturday at 11 AM.
          An exploration of native Japanese costume before 1600 through depictions in genre art, extant textiles and theatrical costumes. Topics to include Chinese influences, reproducing period styles to fit modern Western physiques and letting the clothes wear you.

          I also noticed a kumihimo class on the schedule which repeats several times throughout the week.

          Watch this space for updates. The House of Cheerful Monkeys will be serving sake, tea and other treats in celebration of the New Year, sundown-ish on Thursday evening of the war, somewhere in West Kingdom territory.

          Hope to see you there.

          Saionji no Hana
          West Kingdom
        • Audrey Bergeron-Morin