Re: [SCA-JML] Coronet Question

  • Jennifer Kobayashi
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 9, 2010
      >Greetings from Solveig! Of course you could do something similar to
      >what Nobunaga did with his cardinal's hat.

      Solveig-dono -

      Please enlighten the uninformed. What did he do with his cardinal's hat?

      -Ki no Izumi
    • Elaine Koogler
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 9, 2010
        That has pretty much been my interpretation so far as well...I had the
        same quandry when I was given an augmentation to my arms (mon) of two
        golden dragons. Mons were being registered at the time only in black
        and white. I submitted my device change with the golden dragons as
        awarded. Laurel wanted to know if I didn't want to change them to
        white/silver to go with the rest of my mon. I said that I didn't...I am
        a visitor in a European Court, a "barbarian round-eye" king who didn't
        know any better had given me this honor and it would be dishonorable of
        me to change his gift! Laurel agreed...with a grin!

        Kiri

        On 9/9/2010 10:15 AM, John Lyon wrote:
        > I also have been toying with the idea of having a 14th Century English
        > styled coronet. My thinking here being, that the Royalty who handed out the
        > award are 14th century, and if as a Japanese persona I am assumed to be a
        > visitor in a european court, then the title and symbols of that title would
        > match the locals, and not to my own time and period necessarily.
        >
        > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Jeanel Walker<brytephyre@...> wrote:
        >

        >> "At one point, we had an idea of making combs for me to wear in my
        >>
        >> hair that had six pearls, three on each one. I figured that it might be
        >>
        >> a little more compatible with my garb."
        >>
        >> wow thats a lovely idea...if you do please post a pic I would love to see
        >> it.
        >>
        >> May the joy of your past be the worst of your tomorrows!!!
        >> Jeanel Walker aka Eilionora "Takaatsu" of Kisimull
        >> http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg208/brytephyre/Takinagadevisesm.jpg
        >> http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg208/brytephyre/Eilionoriadevicesm.jpg

        "/It is only with the heart /that one can see clearly; what is essential
        is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, /The Little Prince/

      • LJonthebay
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 9, 2010
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Kobayashi <jhkob@...> wrote:
          > Please enlighten the uninformed. What did he do with his cardinal's hat?

          He put it on a pole and used it as a standard.