Re: [SCA-JML] Coronet Question

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 9, 2010

      Greetings from Solveig! Of course you could do something similar to
      what Nobunaga did with his cardinal's hat. But, I suppose that folks
      just would not understand. Although the notion might be appreciated by
      folks who have suffered through wearing heavy coronets.

    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 9, 2010
        >Greetings from Solveig! Of course you could do something similar to
        >what Nobunaga did with his cardinal's hat.

        Solveig-dono -

        Please enlighten the uninformed. What did he do with his cardinal's hat?

        -Ki no Izumi
      • Elaine Koogler
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 9, 2010
          That has pretty much been my interpretation so far as well...I had the
          same quandry when I was given an augmentation to my arms (mon) of two
          golden dragons. Mons were being registered at the time only in black
          and white. I submitted my device change with the golden dragons as
          awarded. Laurel wanted to know if I didn't want to change them to
          white/silver to go with the rest of my mon. I said that I didn't...I am
          a visitor in a European Court, a "barbarian round-eye" king who didn't
          know any better had given me this honor and it would be dishonorable of
          me to change his gift! Laurel agreed...with a grin!

          Kiri

          On 9/9/2010 10:15 AM, John Lyon wrote:
          > I also have been toying with the idea of having a 14th Century English
          > styled coronet. My thinking here being, that the Royalty who handed out the
          > award are 14th century, and if as a Japanese persona I am assumed to be a
          > visitor in a european court, then the title and symbols of that title would
          > match the locals, and not to my own time and period necessarily.
          >
          > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Jeanel Walker<brytephyre@...> wrote:
          >

          >> "At one point, we had an idea of making combs for me to wear in my
          >>
          >> hair that had six pearls, three on each one. I figured that it might be
          >>
          >> a little more compatible with my garb."
          >>
          >> wow thats a lovely idea...if you do please post a pic I would love to see
          >> it.
          >>
          >> May the joy of your past be the worst of your tomorrows!!!
          >> Jeanel Walker aka Eilionora "Takaatsu" of Kisimull
          >> http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg208/brytephyre/Takinagadevisesm.jpg
          >> http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg208/brytephyre/Eilionoriadevicesm.jpg

          "/It is only with the heart /that one can see clearly; what is essential
          is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, /The Little Prince/

        • LJonthebay
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 9, 2010
            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Kobayashi <jhkob@...> wrote:
            > Please enlighten the uninformed. What did he do with his cardinal's hat?

            He put it on a pole and used it as a standard.