Re: Japanese Games Event Digest Number 3236

  • Grasse, Martina
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2010
      >honest I didn't think that there were any Japanese themed events anywhere in the SCA.

      The Barony of Caerthe in the Outlands had an amazing Japanese themed 12th night (the BIG winter court event) a few years back. Saionji -dono was able to join us and I think we did a respectable show of it.

      Gwen Cat
      who occasionally dons kosode and goes by Kita NyaNya ^^~

    • LJonthebay
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2010
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Grasse, Martina" <grasse@...> wrote:
        > The Barony of Caerthe in the Outlands had an amazing Japanese themed 12th night (the BIG winter court event) a few years back. Saionji -dono was able to join us and I think we did a respectable show of it.

        It was more than respectable. Even the namban got out their vintage kimono and got into the spirit: I kept being cornered by folks asking "Is this on right?" and tweaking the occasional obi or having them re-wrap left over right. I remember the feast being very good, and the event organizers invited Denver Taiko to perform.

        Good times and well worth traveling for. I will never forget the hospitality of the Outlands.

        Saionji no Hanae
        Resident of the West Kingdom, citizen of the Known World.