Re: Japanese Games Event

  • merlyn_elzebeth
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2010
      This is what I get for deleting my JML digests too quickly. *blush

      I'm on the Japanese Games event committee. If anyone has questions about the event, activities, pricing, or lodging let me know! Our barony has a number of Japanese personas or supporters. :)

      We're offering classes on beginning and intermediate kumihimo, temari, go, and origami. Our melee battles (this is our melee focused event) are themed appropriately as is our Friday night torchlight tourney hosted by our local student group. For a few years we have themed our fall event "some culture's Games" and, as this is another in the series, we will have afternoon games and competitions such as go, kemari, hanetsuki, and haiku creation.

      I encourage y'all to come on down (or up) to Georgia and bring your Japanese finery (or peasant garb). :) This is a laid back event for relaxing in the autumn air with friends (new and old).

      Merlyn
      (or Lady Himitsu as I'm known in kimono :D )