Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese Games Event

  • Carey Gorla
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2010
      We have them from time to time in Calontir. In my barony we have I believe about
      5 Japanese personas.
      Agnes (The German persona here to help research for her Japanese persona
      boyfriend)

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2010
        We Just Recently had a Small Japanese themed event in An Tir Barony of Wealdsemere, the turn out suprised us,over one hundred for our small areas, it was called TREACHERY IN KYOTO,the Autocrat Sukieie Nakagawa did a wonderful job and I am hoping to be able to another sometime shortly.
        YIS
        HLS Noriyama Ono Doken
        Sargent of Wealdsmere,Squire to Sir Ciath Baron of Wealdsmere

        RAIN OR SUNSHINE IS OF NO MATTER,THEIR HONOR IS GREATER THAN THEIR MOOD.

        WECK UP TO THEES!!!

        To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com

      • the.lady.phoenix@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2010
          I am actually considering moving to Madrone once I finish my degree.

          Sara

          On 01/09/2010, KATYA GILLEY <fuzzywonder@...> wrote:

          > We Just Recently had a Small Japanese themed event in An Tir Barony of
          > Wealdsemere, the turn out suprised us,over one hundred for our small areas,
          > it was called TREACHERY IN KYOTO,the Autocrat Sukieie Nakagawa did a
          > wonderful job and I am hoping to be able to another sometime shortly.
          > YIS
          > HLS Noriyama Ono Doken
          > Sargent of Wealdsmere,Squire to Sir Ciath Baron of Wealdsmere
          >
          > RAIN OR SUNSHINE IS OF NO MATTER,THEIR HONOR IS GREATER THAN THEIR MOOD.
          >
          > WECK UP TO THEES!!!
          >

          > To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
          > From: agnesvonh@...
          > Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 09:17:48 -0700
          > Subject: Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese Games Event

          > We have them from time to time in Calontir. In my barony we have I
          > believe about
          >
          > 5 Japanese personas.
          >
          > Agnes (The German persona here to help research for her Japanese persona
          >
          > boyfriend)
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Bryant Richards
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2010
            >In my barony we have I believe about 5 Japanese personas.

            That's great! Have you ever considered starting a Japanese Household? We
            started with about 3 Japanese here, then I created a House and now there are
            about 19 Japanese here.

            In Honor and Service,
            Uesugi no Ryujuichiro Uchiyasu
            House Chiburi

          • merlyn_elzebeth
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2010
              This is what I get for deleting my JML digests too quickly. *blush

              I'm on the Japanese Games event committee. If anyone has questions about the event, activities, pricing, or lodging let me know! Our barony has a number of Japanese personas or supporters. :)

              We're offering classes on beginning and intermediate kumihimo, temari, go, and origami. Our melee battles (this is our melee focused event) are themed appropriately as is our Friday night torchlight tourney hosted by our local student group. For a few years we have themed our fall event "some culture's Games" and, as this is another in the series, we will have afternoon games and competitions such as go, kemari, hanetsuki, and haiku creation.

              I encourage y'all to come on down (or up) to Georgia and bring your Japanese finery (or peasant garb). :) This is a laid back event for relaxing in the autumn air with friends (new and old).

              Merlyn
              (or Lady Himitsu as I'm known in kimono :D )