Japanese Games Event

  • Bryant Richards
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31 9:19 PM
      Anyone attending this event:
      http://www.brynmadoc.org/danelaw19.html

      It is a Japanese themed event.

      In Honor and Service,
      Uesugi no Ryujuichiro Uchiyasu
      House Chiburi

    • the.lady.phoenix@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2010
        I'm not this is the frist I've heard of it, to be honest I didn't
        think that there were any Japanese themed events anywhere in the SCA.

        On 01/09/2010, Bryant Richards <ninjalikereflex@...> wrote:
        > Anyone attending this event:
        > http://www.brynmadoc.org/danelaw19.html
        >
        > It is a Japanese themed event.
        >
        > In Honor and Service,
        > Uesugi no Ryujuichiro Uchiyasu
        > House Chiburi

      • Audrey Bergeron-Morin
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2010
          What? Anywhere in the SCA is wayyy to broad to be making this kind of
          statement! Of course there are Japanese-themed events in the SCA! There have
          been at least two I know of in the last ten years here in Quebec... Maybe
          not close enough that you can attend, but we're in the SCA too ;-)

          On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 4:55 AM, <the.lady.phoenix@...> wrote:

          > I'm not this is the frist I've heard of it, to be honest I didn't
          > think that there were any Japanese themed events anywhere in the SCA.

        • Carey Gorla
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2010
            We have them from time to time in Calontir. In my barony we have I believe about
            5 Japanese personas.
            Agnes (The German persona here to help research for her Japanese persona
            boyfriend)

            ________________________________
            I'm not this is the frist I've heard of it, to be honest I didn't
            think that there were any Japanese themed events anywhere in the SCA.

            On 01/09/2010, Bryant Richards <ninjalikereflex@...> wrote:
            > Anyone attending this event:
            > http://www.brynmadoc.org/danelaw19.html
            >
            > It is a Japanese themed event.
            >
            > In Honor and Service,
            > Uesugi no Ryujuichiro Uchiyasu
            > House Chiburi

          • LJonthebay
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 1, 2010
              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Audrey Bergeron-Morin <audreybmorin@...> wrote:

              > What? Anywhere in the SCA is wayyy to broad to be making this kind of
              > statement! Of course there are Japanese-themed events in the SCA! There have
              > been at least two I know of in the last ten years here in Quebec...

              Not happening in your kingdom? Make it happen. Offer to run an event. Put together a team. Find a site.

              Or do it small scale, like I do. host a Japanese "playspace" at a kingdom or principality event. Throw a picnic, host a sake tasting, teach some games to the page school.

              Last weekend I made umeboshi onigiri and tea and invited some friends to lunch under a tree at Purgatorio Coronation.

              It's not that hard.

              Saionji no Hanae
            • KATYA GILLEY
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 1, 2010
                We Just Recently had a Small Japanese themed event in An Tir Barony of Wealdsemere, the turn out suprised us,over one hundred for our small areas, it was called TREACHERY IN KYOTO,the Autocrat Sukieie Nakagawa did a wonderful job and I am hoping to be able to another sometime shortly.
                YIS
                HLS Noriyama Ono Doken
                Sargent of Wealdsmere,Squire to Sir Ciath Baron of Wealdsmere

                RAIN OR SUNSHINE IS OF NO MATTER,THEIR HONOR IS GREATER THAN THEIR MOOD.

                WECK UP TO THEES!!!

                To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com

              • the.lady.phoenix@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 1, 2010
                  I am actually considering moving to Madrone once I finish my degree.

                  Sara

                  On 01/09/2010, KATYA GILLEY <fuzzywonder@...> wrote:

                  > We Just Recently had a Small Japanese themed event in An Tir Barony of
                  > Wealdsemere, the turn out suprised us,over one hundred for our small areas,
                  > it was called TREACHERY IN KYOTO,the Autocrat Sukieie Nakagawa did a
                  > wonderful job and I am hoping to be able to another sometime shortly.
                  > YIS
                  > HLS Noriyama Ono Doken
                  > Sargent of Wealdsmere,Squire to Sir Ciath Baron of Wealdsmere
                  >
                  > RAIN OR SUNSHINE IS OF NO MATTER,THEIR HONOR IS GREATER THAN THEIR MOOD.
                  >
                  > WECK UP TO THEES!!!
                  >

                  > To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: agnesvonh@...
                  > Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 09:17:48 -0700
                  > Subject: Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese Games Event

                  > We have them from time to time in Calontir. In my barony we have I
                  > believe about
                  >
                  > 5 Japanese personas.
                  >
                  > Agnes (The German persona here to help research for her Japanese persona
                  >
                  > boyfriend)
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • Bryant Richards
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 1, 2010
                    >In my barony we have I believe about 5 Japanese personas.

                    That's great! Have you ever considered starting a Japanese Household? We
                    started with about 3 Japanese here, then I created a House and now there are
                    about 19 Japanese here.

                    In Honor and Service,
                    Uesugi no Ryujuichiro Uchiyasu
                    House Chiburi

                  • merlyn_elzebeth
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 2, 2010
                      This is what I get for deleting my JML digests too quickly. *blush

                      I'm on the Japanese Games event committee. If anyone has questions about the event, activities, pricing, or lodging let me know! Our barony has a number of Japanese personas or supporters. :)

                      We're offering classes on beginning and intermediate kumihimo, temari, go, and origami. Our melee battles (this is our melee focused event) are themed appropriately as is our Friday night torchlight tourney hosted by our local student group. For a few years we have themed our fall event "some culture's Games" and, as this is another in the series, we will have afternoon games and competitions such as go, kemari, hanetsuki, and haiku creation.

                      I encourage y'all to come on down (or up) to Georgia and bring your Japanese finery (or peasant garb). :) This is a laid back event for relaxing in the autumn air with friends (new and old).

                      Merlyn
                      (or Lady Himitsu as I'm known in kimono :D )