Re: listening

  • wadeaverey
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 14, 2010
      Contact me offlist and I can send you some TV shows on DVD. I get monthly packages from Japan and can send you some old DVR recordings.

      As another option search out Japanese TV shows on youtube and PV (music videos).

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, V <B.E.A.S.T.V2.5@...> wrote:

      > Sometimes dramas can be good for getting used to how the language sounds.
      > But it's important to remember where the media itself comes from and what
      > time/location is being portrayed. They also sometimes have the exaggerated
      > speech problem though not as much as Anime. There are a lot of different
      > accents inside Japan and on top of it there are language differences based
      > on time period. Some historical dramas for instance purposefully use older
      > Japanese or a combination of modern and older vocabulary to give it a dated
      > feeling. If you're just trying to get used to hearing different sounds and
      > don't care about actually speaking the language it might not be too
      > horrifically bad. But that's not even getting into the odd sounds that get
      > introduced the more people slur or use slang. Once you're used to the base
      > sounds Japanese can sound very different based on all this stuff.

    • Bryant Richards
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 14, 2010
        >TV shows on DVD

        If you have Netflix they have Vermilion Pleasure Night (a late night Japanese TV
        show) on the Instant Watch Que....its a very crazy show.

        In Honor and Service,
        Uesugi no Ryujuichiro Uchiyasu
        House Chiburi

      • James Eckman
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 15, 2010
          > Posted by: "Bryant Richards"
          > If you have Netflix they have Vermilion Pleasure Night (a late night Japanese TV
          > show) on the Instant Watch Que....its a very crazy show.

          That sounds pretty awesome. It will be nice to be able to stream live
          shows from Japan and not depend on TV Japan or the rental market.

          Jim