Re: [SCA-JML] ?Citizen or Patriot? a Serious question

  • richard johnson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2010
      strange.. I checked the Dictionary , a couple of them, and they defined both
      words differntly than did you.
      Orwell had a term for redefining a word to support your own agenda.

      On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 10:50 AM, William Giltner <
      iron_river_armoury@...> wrote:

      > ? Are you a Citizen Or a Patriot?

      > Citizen is a Government supporting resource that the PTB use as a tool
      > to generate revenue for maintaining and increasing Governmental
      > control over OUR lives. The Only cares a Citizen has are:
      > Comfort; Status; and Entitlement.
      >
      > A Patriot is a person
      > willing to sacrifice self and comfort in order to defend and protect
      > those freedoms and liberties that Our founding fathers put forth, and
      > fought to secure... As detailed in the Declaration of Independence and
      > the Constitution... Against ALL Enemies foreign and (ESPECIALLY)
      > Domestic.
      >
      > You need to decide NOW... Before the PTB decide for
      > YOU that we are ALL "Citizens" with: no Liberty; no
      > Freedom; no Voice; and no Choice.... AND that to be a "PATRIOT"
      > is to be an "enemy" of the STATE!
      >
      > William S. Giltner
      >
      > Lrd Tatsuo Okami
      >
      > Iron River Armoury
      >
      > www.iron-river-armoury.com

      Rick Johnson
      http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
      "Those who give up a little freedom in return for a little imagined security
      will soon find that they have neither."

    • Sonny Scott
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2010
        If you are advocating the overthrow of our Government, I strongly object and
        suggest this is not the appropriate board for your post.

        ________________________________
        From: William Giltner <iron_river_armoury@...>
        To: Albrecht Waldfurster <albrecht.waldfurster@...>; chia.moua@...;
        dadaditto@...; Dan Treadwell <darsalla@...>; Daryl
        <vallawulf@...>; David Harrison <dropyafaster@...>; Donna Dement
        <donna_dement@...>; Douglas Greene <greene06@...>; Eric
        Vargo <tempusratit@...>; Eve Schuster <evethebutterflybabe@...>;
        g.m.dowd@...; greg hinchcliff <greghinchcliff@...>; Harry Mr
        <hbowman@...>; jesse.vangunst@...; kathy anderson
        <kathy1037@...>; Kevin Knut <dragonswheir@...>;
        kwokfushing2002@...; Little John <littlejohnblacksmith@...>; Malcolm
        Uhl <malcolmuhl@...>; Matt Broadway <mattbroadway1974@...>; Mike
        <kuttur@...>; Mike Reed <frell_u_2@...>; northshield@...;
        Paul Motes <wtfbikeguy@...>; payan.moni@...; r_terese@...;
        ryanovick@...; sca-jml@yahoogroups.com; smithcurtis@...;
        sweetpief77@...; Tim Holt <tldholt@...>; russell@...;
        quetza@...

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2010
          Hi Everyone
           1: I missed "Unchecking" the SCA-JML listing in my Address list for my Email.. For this I DO Apologise..
           2: this was meant to be a Personal statement of importance I felt had to be made.... If any person I wrote to felt it was important enough to FORWARD... that was their choice and action.  AND AGAIN I apologize for exposing the members of this list to my thoughts and opinions NOT of a interest to this SCA-Japanese Activities List.
           IF Anyone has thoughts or feelings about my "Opinions" ...PLEASE contact me privately OFF-LIST at this email... I would Love to hear them.

          Thank you

          William S. Giltner

          Lrd Tatsuo Okami

          Iron River Armoury

          www.iron-river-armoury.com

          iron_river_armoury@...> wrote:

          >  ? Are you a Citizen Or a Patriot?

          > Citizen is a Government supporting resource that the PTB use as a tool
          > to generate revenue for maintaining and increasing Governmental
          > control over OUR lives.  The Only cares a Citizen has are:
          > Comfort; Status; and Entitlement.
          >
          >   A Patriot is a person
          > willing to sacrifice self and comfort in order to defend and protect
          > those freedoms and liberties that Our founding fathers put forth, and
          > fought to secure... As detailed in the Declaration of Independence and
          > the Constitution... Against ALL Enemies foreign and (ESPECIALLY)
          > Domestic.
          >
          >   You need to decide NOW... Before the PTB decide for
          > YOU that we are ALL "Citizens" with: no Liberty; no
          > Freedom; no Voice; and no Choice.... AND that to be a "PATRIOT"
          > is to be an "enemy" of the STATE!
          >
          > William S. Giltner
          >
          > Lrd Tatsuo Okami
          >
          > Iron River Armoury
          >
          > www.iron-river-armoury.com

          Rick Johnson
          http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
          "Those who give up a little freedom in return for a little imagined security
          will soon find that they have neither."

        • Padruig
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 10, 2010
            Hmmm. I do not know why such a topic would be inappropriate, except for those who are fearful of legitimate political discussion. While I do not claim to be a scholar of Japanese history or politics, it seems that in the reading I have done, there were MANY instances of just such behavior (overthrowing the government). It might be an interesting study, to see if there are any parallels with governments in period, and our current one.

            As far as overthrowing governments, there is a precedent, after all. The offending definitions would probably have been recognized by our founders.

            my yens worth...

            Padruig McTavish
            Bard of Arrows' Flight
            Herald to TRH Timmur and Saige

            Dr. Raymond Zentz

            It is better to die a free man, than to live, a slave.

            From: William Giltner <iron_river_armoury@...>
            To: Albrecht Waldfurster <albrecht.waldfurster@...>; chia.moua@...;
            Sent: Tue, August 10, 2010 12:50:33 PM

[...]

          • Jehanne de Wodeford
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 10, 2010
              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Padruig <rayzentz@...> wrote:

              > Hmmm. I do not know why such a topic would be inappropriate, except for those who are fearful of legitimate political discussion.

              How about the fact that it's completely off topic for this forum?

              The original sender has already indicated it was sent here by mistake and has apologized for doing so.

              So how about it if people wishing to engage in discussion of said message with the sender do so by contacting him off list?

              Saionji no Hanae, Moderator Staff