Fwd: [sca-west] The SCA 2010 Census is now LIVE!

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2010
      Okay, I noticed this survey, here, seems different than the one I took. It
      has questions for a fourth peerage, more questions about how kingdom and
      corporate policy should be run, etc.

      I'm not sure if the other survey is old or what is going on--maybe I filled
      it out too soon? Does anyone know what is going on?

      -Ii/Jing/Jeong

      On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Lady Arganteilin <
      arganteilinelfin@...> wrote:

      > The SCA 2010 Census is now LIVE!
      > The SCA is us � you and me doing what we do. But who are we, what do we do,
      > and
      > how can we support each other to make the SCA the type of organization we
      > can be
      > proud of?
      > The SCA 2010 Census committee has been asked by the Board of Directors to
      > develop a census-level survey that will help us to address key issues
      > facing the
      > SCA. These issues affect our everyday experience in the SCA; from "pay for
      > participation" issues and award structures to quantitative, qualitative,
      > motivational, and behavioral demographics such as age, gender, activities
      > and
      > interest areas, and reasons for joining, remaining in, and leaving the SCA.
      > Because this is a "census-level" survey, we are attempting to reach each
      > and
      > every SCA participant, regardless of whether or not they are paid members
      > or are
      > currently active. Everyone's voice is important to the success of this
      > project.
      > This information will help us, as an organization, move forward into the
      > next
      > decade, to identify, address and work on current issues and gain a better,
      > deeper understanding into what makes the SCA what it is today. Your
      > these questions will also help us create a plan for making the SCA better
      > organization in the future. The only way we can understand what is
      > important is
      > by hearing from you. The survey is completely anonymous, you will never be
      > asked
      > for information that will identify you.
      >
      > The SCA 2010 Census Survey is available here:
      >
      > http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCA2010Census
      >
      > The Survey will remain open until December 1st. Once the data collection is
      > completed, the results of this survey will be made available on the SCA
      > 2010
      > Census website. All data that is collected or published will remain
      > completely
      > anonymous and will not be sold or shared beyond this survey's purpose.
      > If you would like to learn more about the SCA 2010 Census, if you have
      > questions
      > or ideas about the project, please contact the committee at
      > scacensus2010@...
      > Please take the time to fill out the survey. The voices of each and every
      > participant in the SCA whether you are currently active or not, will help
      > us to
      > better understand the SCA and enable us to grow and flourish as an
      > organization.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > The SCA 2010 Census Committee

    • Maximo Marchionni
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2010
        Hello to every one!
        Does any one knows or have some info about a Okinawa's samurai family
        called Chinen?
        Thank you in advance,
        Máximo
        --

        *
        Maximo D. Marchionni*

      • Bryant Richards
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2010
          Just a quick search pulled up this:
          http://okinawa.com/content/view/223/99/lang,en/

          Couldn't find anything about Chinen being a Samurai, except for a modern day
          "American Samurai". In the above article it even states that this particualr
          Chinen was not of a Samurai family and wasn't born untill well after our
          period. Sorry I couldn't be more helpfull.

          In Honor and Service,
          Uesugi no Ryujuichiro Uchiyasu
          House Chiburi

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2010