SCA Census (why you should fill it out if you haven't...)

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2010
      Okay, by now your Kingdom list has likely been hit with this message,
      as well as perhaps your local lists, but it really is something that
      people should fill out, especially if we are part of the "fringe".
      Have you hoped that the SCA would expand (or possibly contract) its
      views on geography, dates, etc.? There is a section to talk about SCA
      and about Corporate policy. There are also many questions that will
      hopefully help the SCA focus better on issues of recruitment and
      retention, etc.

      http://www.surveymonkey.com/%20s/SCA2010Census

      Here is your chance to help give information and advice on how the SCA
      should go forward.

      -Ii

      PS: There isn't much of a free-form comments section, but if you have
      additional comments, there are contact e-mail addresses on the SCA
      corporate website:

      Comments on any proposal before the Board should be sent to
      comments@.... Correspondence concerning a particular Corporate
      function, office, or kingdom can be sent to the director responsible
      for that area (see each director's ombudsman listing). To write to the
      directors as a group, you can send e-mail to directors@....
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2010
        Ii dono!

        Greetins from Solveig! Your note was the first I had heard about this
        survey. Anyway, grump grump, it didn't ask me anything about
        geographical or temporal scope.

      • JL Badgley
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2010
          On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Solveig Throndardottir
          <nostrand@...> wrote:
          > Ii dono!
          >
          > Greetins from Solveig! Your note was the first I had heard about this
          > survey. Anyway, grump grump, it didn't ask me anything about
          > geographical or temporal scope.

          No, you would have to add that into the comments on the SCA in general
          or on the SCA corporate policies (or find what you feel to be another
          appropriate category). If there are enough write-ins about it,
          perhaps it will become more prevalent and issue.

          Also, there were things on a temporal scale about general
          broadness--not specifics, but the question of whether or not you enjoy
          the fact that a 9th century Scandanavian can sit down with a 16th
          century Italian (or something like that... I don't recall the exact
          wording).

          Of course, they also didn't have Thailand down as a country I could
          tell them I'm writing from.