Re: East Asian Classes at Pennsic

  • yamamura_kitsune
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 16 11:16 AM
      Thank you for creating this booklet, Solveig. It is a wonderful idea indeed. If I may, I wish to post a correction to one of the classes listed. "Happy Japanese Games" will be presented on Sunday, August 8th at 1:00PM.

      Kashiko,
      Yamamura Kitsune
      Aruki Miko of the Known World
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      yamamura.kitsune@...
      http://yamamura.weebly.com

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 16 11:26 AM

        Greetings from Solveig! Here is a readable online preliminary version
        of a schedule of East Asian related classes at Pennsic.

        http://www.demoivre.org/Pennsic/AsianClassList.pdf

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 16 11:41 AM

          > Thank you for creating this booklet, Solveig. It is a wonderful idea
          > indeed. If I may, I wish to post a correction to one of the classes
          > listed. "Happy Japanese Games" will be presented on Sunday, August
          > 8th at 1:00PM.
          OOPS. I thought that the listings matched what the Pennsic University
          had listed. Too bad for me it is on Sunday as I was looking forward to
          attending your class. I believe that I just corrected the listing for
          your class.

        • Jeanel Walker
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 16 2:33 PM
            man i wish i could go just to attend all the Japanese classes. perhaps one year i'll make it just hope this wont be the only time they do them
            I hope you have an awesome turnout!!!

            Jeanel Walker aka Eilionora "Takaatsu" of Kisimull

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 16 4:44 PM

              Greetings from Solveig! Last Summer, several people said that they
              would like to see two tea ceremonies at Pennsic this Summer. I am
              curious what day would be a good day for the extra ceremony.
              Currently, tea is scheduled for the evening of Thursday AUG 12. I am
              thinking of scheduling the extra tea ceremony for the evening of
              Sunday AUG 08. What do people think?

            • Jamie Ritter
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 16 6:47 PM
                I am very interested in the tea ceremony, and if I am unable to attend either I had hoped you would teach me at another time. Sunday the 8th my camp is cooking a goat on a spit and we are hosting a dinner. Plus, the known world rapier champions tourney is at 4 and my baroness has asked me to fight in it. One of my biggest goals while at pennsic is to learn or at the very least attend your tea ceremony.
                Fuyutsukime

                Sent from my iPod

                On Jul 16, 2010, at 6:44 PM, Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...> wrote:

                Noble Cousins!

                Greetings from Solveig! Last Summer, several people said that they
                would like to see two tea ceremonies at Pennsic this Summer. I am
                curious what day would be a good day for the extra ceremony.
                Currently, tea is scheduled for the evening of Thursday AUG 12. I am
                thinking of scheduling the extra tea ceremony for the evening of
                Sunday AUG 08. What do people think?

              • hector baez
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 17 6:55 AM
                  Can anyone show up and take the classes as long as there is an opening
                  or do we have to pre-reg for them and where do we pre-reg?

                  regards

                  Ector
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 17 10:12 AM

                    > Can anyone show up and take the classes as long as there is an opening
                    > or do we have to pre-reg for them and where do we pre-reg?

                    Pennsic classes are pretty much on a first-come first-served basis.

                  • yamamura_kitsune
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 23 2:34 AM
                      Greetings Solveig,

                      Not a problem, I thought it best to inform you and anyone else that may have intended on attending this class. I'm not sure what mishap may have happened, but that is the date I was given. It is unfortunate that you won't be able to attend; I don't believe we've had the opportunity to be formally introduced even though we've spoke on several occasions via email.

                      I only have the one formal class but we will be using the games, which I'm presenting in class, during Tengusanji's Bon Festival. If you can make it, I would gladly discuss the class informally then.

                      I will post details about the event separately to the list.