Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Poetry Party at Pennsic

  • Sonny Scott
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
      I sent you a private message on this. Did you receive it??

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010

        Greetings from Solveig! Here is a preliminary version of a schedule of
        East Asian related classes at Pennsic. It is set up for two-sided
        printing.

        http://www.demoivre.org/Pennsic/AsianClassListBooklet.pdf

      • yamamura_kitsune
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010
          Thank you for creating this booklet, Solveig. It is a wonderful idea indeed. If I may, I wish to post a correction to one of the classes listed. "Happy Japanese Games" will be presented on Sunday, August 8th at 1:00PM.

          Kashiko,
          Yamamura Kitsune
          Aruki Miko of the Known World
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          yamamura.kitsune@...
          http://yamamura.weebly.com

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010

            Greetings from Solveig! Here is a readable online preliminary version
            of a schedule of East Asian related classes at Pennsic.

            http://www.demoivre.org/Pennsic/AsianClassList.pdf

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010

              > Thank you for creating this booklet, Solveig. It is a wonderful idea
              > indeed. If I may, I wish to post a correction to one of the classes
              > listed. "Happy Japanese Games" will be presented on Sunday, August
              > 8th at 1:00PM.
              OOPS. I thought that the listings matched what the Pennsic University
              had listed. Too bad for me it is on Sunday as I was looking forward to
              attending your class. I believe that I just corrected the listing for
              your class.

            • Jeanel Walker
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010
                man i wish i could go just to attend all the Japanese classes. perhaps one year i'll make it just hope this wont be the only time they do them
                I hope you have an awesome turnout!!!

                Jeanel Walker aka Eilionora "Takaatsu" of Kisimull

                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010

                  Greetings from Solveig! Last Summer, several people said that they
                  would like to see two tea ceremonies at Pennsic this Summer. I am
                  curious what day would be a good day for the extra ceremony.
                  Currently, tea is scheduled for the evening of Thursday AUG 12. I am
                  thinking of scheduling the extra tea ceremony for the evening of
                  Sunday AUG 08. What do people think?

                • Jamie Ritter
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010
                    I am very interested in the tea ceremony, and if I am unable to attend either I had hoped you would teach me at another time. Sunday the 8th my camp is cooking a goat on a spit and we are hosting a dinner. Plus, the known world rapier champions tourney is at 4 and my baroness has asked me to fight in it. One of my biggest goals while at pennsic is to learn or at the very least attend your tea ceremony.
                    Fuyutsukime

                    Sent from my iPod

                    On Jul 16, 2010, at 6:44 PM, Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...> wrote:

                    Noble Cousins!

                    Greetings from Solveig! Last Summer, several people said that they
                    would like to see two tea ceremonies at Pennsic this Summer. I am
                    curious what day would be a good day for the extra ceremony.
                    Currently, tea is scheduled for the evening of Thursday AUG 12. I am
                    thinking of scheduling the extra tea ceremony for the evening of
                    Sunday AUG 08. What do people think?

                  • hector baez
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 17, 2010
                      Can anyone show up and take the classes as long as there is an opening
                      or do we have to pre-reg for them and where do we pre-reg?

                      regards

                      Ector
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 17, 2010

                        > Can anyone show up and take the classes as long as there is an opening
                        > or do we have to pre-reg for them and where do we pre-reg?

                        Pennsic classes are pretty much on a first-come first-served basis.

                      • yamamura_kitsune
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 23, 2010
                          Greetings Solveig,

                          Not a problem, I thought it best to inform you and anyone else that may have intended on attending this class. I'm not sure what mishap may have happened, but that is the date I was given. It is unfortunate that you won't be able to attend; I don't believe we've had the opportunity to be formally introduced even though we've spoke on several occasions via email.

                          I only have the one formal class but we will be using the games, which I'm presenting in class, during Tengusanji's Bon Festival. If you can make it, I would gladly discuss the class informally then.

                          I will post details about the event separately to the list.