Re: Poetry Party at Pennsic

    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010

      Greetings from Solveig! I am planning on hosting a poetry party at
      Pennsic. This would have a more or less short introduction to Japanese
      poetry followed by poetry writing. It is currently scheduled to take
      place immediately after the incense ceremony demonstration. The
      incense ceremony will take Friday Aug 13 at noon with the poetry
      meeting following at 1:00. How does that sound?

      Yes, I am still moving things around at the last minute.

    • Sonny Scott
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
        I sent you a private message on this. Did you receive it??

        ________________________________
        Greetings from Solveig! I am planning on hosting a poetry party at
        Pennsic. This would have a more or less short introduction to Japanese
        poetry followed by poetry writing. It is currently scheduled to take
        place immediately after the incense ceremony demonstration. The
        incense ceremony will take Friday Aug 13 at noon with the poetry
        meeting following at 1:00. How does that sound?

        Yes, I am still moving things around at the last minute.

        Your Humble Servant
        SolveigThrondardottir

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010

          Greetings from Solveig! Here is a preliminary version of a schedule of
          East Asian related classes at Pennsic. It is set up for two-sided
          printing.

          http://www.demoivre.org/Pennsic/AsianClassListBooklet.pdf

        • yamamura_kitsune
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010
            Thank you for creating this booklet, Solveig. It is a wonderful idea indeed. If I may, I wish to post a correction to one of the classes listed. "Happy Japanese Games" will be presented on Sunday, August 8th at 1:00PM.

            Kashiko,
            Yamamura Kitsune
            Aruki Miko of the Known World
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            yamamura.kitsune@...
            http://yamamura.weebly.com

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010

              Greetings from Solveig! Here is a readable online preliminary version
              of a schedule of East Asian related classes at Pennsic.

              http://www.demoivre.org/Pennsic/AsianClassList.pdf

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010

                > Thank you for creating this booklet, Solveig. It is a wonderful idea
                > indeed. If I may, I wish to post a correction to one of the classes
                > listed. "Happy Japanese Games" will be presented on Sunday, August
                > 8th at 1:00PM.
                OOPS. I thought that the listings matched what the Pennsic University
                had listed. Too bad for me it is on Sunday as I was looking forward to
                attending your class. I believe that I just corrected the listing for
                your class.

              • Jeanel Walker
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010
                  man i wish i could go just to attend all the Japanese classes. perhaps one year i'll make it just hope this wont be the only time they do them
                  I hope you have an awesome turnout!!!

                  Jeanel Walker aka Eilionora "Takaatsu" of Kisimull

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010

                    Greetings from Solveig! Last Summer, several people said that they
                    would like to see two tea ceremonies at Pennsic this Summer. I am
                    curious what day would be a good day for the extra ceremony.
                    Currently, tea is scheduled for the evening of Thursday AUG 12. I am
                    thinking of scheduling the extra tea ceremony for the evening of
                    Sunday AUG 08. What do people think?

                  • Jamie Ritter
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010
                      I am very interested in the tea ceremony, and if I am unable to attend either I had hoped you would teach me at another time. Sunday the 8th my camp is cooking a goat on a spit and we are hosting a dinner. Plus, the known world rapier champions tourney is at 4 and my baroness has asked me to fight in it. One of my biggest goals while at pennsic is to learn or at the very least attend your tea ceremony.
                      Fuyutsukime

                      Sent from my iPod

                      On Jul 16, 2010, at 6:44 PM, Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...> wrote:

                      Noble Cousins!

                      Greetings from Solveig! Last Summer, several people said that they
                      would like to see two tea ceremonies at Pennsic this Summer. I am
                      curious what day would be a good day for the extra ceremony.
                      Currently, tea is scheduled for the evening of Thursday AUG 12. I am
                      thinking of scheduling the extra tea ceremony for the evening of
                      Sunday AUG 08. What do people think?

                    • hector baez
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 17, 2010
                        Can anyone show up and take the classes as long as there is an opening
                        or do we have to pre-reg for them and where do we pre-reg?

                        regards

                        Ector
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 17, 2010

                          > Can anyone show up and take the classes as long as there is an opening
                          > or do we have to pre-reg for them and where do we pre-reg?

                          Pennsic classes are pretty much on a first-come first-served basis.

                        • yamamura_kitsune
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 23, 2010
                            Greetings Solveig,

                            Not a problem, I thought it best to inform you and anyone else that may have intended on attending this class. I'm not sure what mishap may have happened, but that is the date I was given. It is unfortunate that you won't be able to attend; I don't believe we've had the opportunity to be formally introduced even though we've spoke on several occasions via email.

                            I only have the one formal class but we will be using the games, which I'm presenting in class, during Tengusanji's Bon Festival. If you can make it, I would gladly discuss the class informally then.

                            I will post details about the event separately to the list.