Re: [SCA-JML] Poetry Party at Pennsic

  • Jamie Shirley
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 12, 2010
      I have a prior engagement on that Saturday but am very interested in attending,
      if the night changes please let me know so I can plan to attend?
      Fuyutsukime

      Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't and the
      other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.
      - Robert Frost

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 13, 2010
        But I won't be there that night! :-( I like the idea though.

        ERIN

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010

          Greetings from Solveig! I am planning on hosting a poetry party at
          Pennsic. This would have a more or less short introduction to Japanese
          poetry followed by poetry writing. It is currently scheduled to take
          place immediately after the incense ceremony demonstration. The
          incense ceremony will take Friday Aug 13 at noon with the poetry
          meeting following at 1:00. How does that sound?

          Yes, I am still moving things around at the last minute.

        • Sonny Scott
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
            I sent you a private message on this. Did you receive it??

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010

              Greetings from Solveig! Here is a preliminary version of a schedule of
              East Asian related classes at Pennsic. It is set up for two-sided
              printing.

              http://www.demoivre.org/Pennsic/AsianClassListBooklet.pdf

            • yamamura_kitsune
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010
                Thank you for creating this booklet, Solveig. It is a wonderful idea indeed. If I may, I wish to post a correction to one of the classes listed. "Happy Japanese Games" will be presented on Sunday, August 8th at 1:00PM.

                Kashiko,
                Yamamura Kitsune
                Aruki Miko of the Known World
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                yamamura.kitsune@...
                http://yamamura.weebly.com

                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010

                  Greetings from Solveig! Here is a readable online preliminary version
                  of a schedule of East Asian related classes at Pennsic.

                  http://www.demoivre.org/Pennsic/AsianClassList.pdf

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010

                    > Thank you for creating this booklet, Solveig. It is a wonderful idea
                    > indeed. If I may, I wish to post a correction to one of the classes
                    > listed. "Happy Japanese Games" will be presented on Sunday, August
                    > 8th at 1:00PM.
                    OOPS. I thought that the listings matched what the Pennsic University
                    had listed. Too bad for me it is on Sunday as I was looking forward to
                    attending your class. I believe that I just corrected the listing for
                    your class.

                  • Jeanel Walker
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010
                      man i wish i could go just to attend all the Japanese classes. perhaps one year i'll make it just hope this wont be the only time they do them
                      I hope you have an awesome turnout!!!

                      Jeanel Walker aka Eilionora "Takaatsu" of Kisimull

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010

                        Greetings from Solveig! Last Summer, several people said that they
                        would like to see two tea ceremonies at Pennsic this Summer. I am
                        curious what day would be a good day for the extra ceremony.
                        Currently, tea is scheduled for the evening of Thursday AUG 12. I am
                        thinking of scheduling the extra tea ceremony for the evening of
                        Sunday AUG 08. What do people think?

                      • Jamie Ritter
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010
                          I am very interested in the tea ceremony, and if I am unable to attend either I had hoped you would teach me at another time. Sunday the 8th my camp is cooking a goat on a spit and we are hosting a dinner. Plus, the known world rapier champions tourney is at 4 and my baroness has asked me to fight in it. One of my biggest goals while at pennsic is to learn or at the very least attend your tea ceremony.
                          Fuyutsukime

                          Sent from my iPod

                          On Jul 16, 2010, at 6:44 PM, Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...> wrote:

                          Noble Cousins!

                          Greetings from Solveig! Last Summer, several people said that they
                          would like to see two tea ceremonies at Pennsic this Summer. I am
                          curious what day would be a good day for the extra ceremony.
                          Currently, tea is scheduled for the evening of Thursday AUG 12. I am
                          thinking of scheduling the extra tea ceremony for the evening of
                          Sunday AUG 08. What do people think?

                        • hector baez
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 17, 2010
                            Can anyone show up and take the classes as long as there is an opening
                            or do we have to pre-reg for them and where do we pre-reg?

                            regards

                            Ector
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 17, 2010

                              > Can anyone show up and take the classes as long as there is an opening
                              > or do we have to pre-reg for them and where do we pre-reg?

                              Pennsic classes are pretty much on a first-come first-served basis.

                            • yamamura_kitsune
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 23, 2010
                                Greetings Solveig,

                                Not a problem, I thought it best to inform you and anyone else that may have intended on attending this class. I'm not sure what mishap may have happened, but that is the date I was given. It is unfortunate that you won't be able to attend; I don't believe we've had the opportunity to be formally introduced even though we've spoke on several occasions via email.

                                I only have the one formal class but we will be using the games, which I'm presenting in class, during Tengusanji's Bon Festival. If you can make it, I would gladly discuss the class informally then.

                                I will post details about the event separately to the list.