Poetry Party at Pennsic

    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 12, 2010

      Greetings from Solveig! I am planning on hosting a poetry party at
      Pennsic. This would have a more or less short introduction to Japanese
      poetry followed by poetry writing. I am thinking of holding it in the
      early evening of Saturday AUG 07. Should I just have a regular class
      some afternoon instead? What do folks here think?

    • Jamie Shirley
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 12, 2010
        I have a prior engagement on that Saturday but am very interested in attending,
        if the night changes please let me know so I can plan to attend?
        Fuyutsukime

        Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't and the
        other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.
        - Robert Frost

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 13, 2010
          But I won't be there that night! :-( I like the idea though.

          ERIN

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010

            Greetings from Solveig! I am planning on hosting a poetry party at
            Pennsic. This would have a more or less short introduction to Japanese
            poetry followed by poetry writing. It is currently scheduled to take
            place immediately after the incense ceremony demonstration. The
            incense ceremony will take Friday Aug 13 at noon with the poetry
            meeting following at 1:00. How does that sound?

            Yes, I am still moving things around at the last minute.

          • Sonny Scott
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
              I sent you a private message on this. Did you receive it??

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010

                Greetings from Solveig! Here is a preliminary version of a schedule of
                East Asian related classes at Pennsic. It is set up for two-sided
                printing.

                http://www.demoivre.org/Pennsic/AsianClassListBooklet.pdf

              • yamamura_kitsune
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010
                  Thank you for creating this booklet, Solveig. It is a wonderful idea indeed. If I may, I wish to post a correction to one of the classes listed. "Happy Japanese Games" will be presented on Sunday, August 8th at 1:00PM.

                  Kashiko,
                  Yamamura Kitsune
                  Aruki Miko of the Known World
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  yamamura.kitsune@...
                  http://yamamura.weebly.com

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010

                    Greetings from Solveig! Here is a readable online preliminary version
                    of a schedule of East Asian related classes at Pennsic.

                    http://www.demoivre.org/Pennsic/AsianClassList.pdf

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010

                      > Thank you for creating this booklet, Solveig. It is a wonderful idea
                      > indeed. If I may, I wish to post a correction to one of the classes
                      > listed. "Happy Japanese Games" will be presented on Sunday, August
                      > 8th at 1:00PM.
                      OOPS. I thought that the listings matched what the Pennsic University
                      had listed. Too bad for me it is on Sunday as I was looking forward to
                      attending your class. I believe that I just corrected the listing for
                      your class.

                    • Jeanel Walker
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010
                        man i wish i could go just to attend all the Japanese classes. perhaps one year i'll make it just hope this wont be the only time they do them
                        I hope you have an awesome turnout!!!

                        Jeanel Walker aka Eilionora "Takaatsu" of Kisimull

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010

                          Greetings from Solveig! Last Summer, several people said that they
                          would like to see two tea ceremonies at Pennsic this Summer. I am
                          curious what day would be a good day for the extra ceremony.
                          Currently, tea is scheduled for the evening of Thursday AUG 12. I am
                          thinking of scheduling the extra tea ceremony for the evening of
                          Sunday AUG 08. What do people think?

                        • Jamie Ritter
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 16, 2010
                            I am very interested in the tea ceremony, and if I am unable to attend either I had hoped you would teach me at another time. Sunday the 8th my camp is cooking a goat on a spit and we are hosting a dinner. Plus, the known world rapier champions tourney is at 4 and my baroness has asked me to fight in it. One of my biggest goals while at pennsic is to learn or at the very least attend your tea ceremony.
                            Fuyutsukime

                            Sent from my iPod

                            On Jul 16, 2010, at 6:44 PM, Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...> wrote:

                            Noble Cousins!

                            Greetings from Solveig! Last Summer, several people said that they
                            would like to see two tea ceremonies at Pennsic this Summer. I am
                            curious what day would be a good day for the extra ceremony.
                            Currently, tea is scheduled for the evening of Thursday AUG 12. I am
                            thinking of scheduling the extra tea ceremony for the evening of
                            Sunday AUG 08. What do people think?

                          • hector baez
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 17, 2010
                              Can anyone show up and take the classes as long as there is an opening
                              or do we have to pre-reg for them and where do we pre-reg?

                              regards

                              Ector
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 17, 2010

                                > Can anyone show up and take the classes as long as there is an opening
                                > or do we have to pre-reg for them and where do we pre-reg?

                                Pennsic classes are pretty much on a first-come first-served basis.

                              • yamamura_kitsune
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 23, 2010
                                  Greetings Solveig,

                                  Not a problem, I thought it best to inform you and anyone else that may have intended on attending this class. I'm not sure what mishap may have happened, but that is the date I was given. It is unfortunate that you won't be able to attend; I don't believe we've had the opportunity to be formally introduced even though we've spoke on several occasions via email.

                                  I only have the one formal class but we will be using the games, which I'm presenting in class, during Tengusanji's Bon Festival. If you can make it, I would gladly discuss the class informally then.

                                  I will post details about the event separately to the list.