Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese Demo @ Pennsic

  • RoseAnna Downing-Vicklund
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010
      Are you looking for teachers or just class ideas?

      I know that I am interested in taking classes to help develop a Japanese persona--things like how to greet people, incorporating Japanese court ranks into SCA usage, how to put together an affordable Japanese kit, gender roles, pastimes such as poetry or art, religion in period, things like that. The details that really flush out the personas.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010
        Yes, I would love to be to those classes. However, I'm going to be in California when Pensic is on. Would there be any way to have the class handouts collected for those who pay in advance and mailed to us?
      • ErinK
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010
          I believe we are still looking for teachers/demos. A bunch of Clan Yama Kaminari people are interested in helping but not all of us have mad skills ... (and, as usual, some with mad skills are unavailable for Pennsic this year).

          I think the focus is supposed to be more on demos and a "drop-in" situation rather than like a formal class.

          Please get in touch with Solveig-sensei if you have a demo to offer. I also can help out if you have some ideas but are not sure what would be appropriate - I've been involved a bit in the planning too.

          ERIN