Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese names

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 22, 2010

      > "no" is very particularly an uji-name thing.
      no- also appears as part of a variety of titles such as nokami. I
      believe that our own Ii dono is entitled to that distinction at the
      moment by virtue of being Baron of the Far West. Basically -no- can be
      really cool, but it is not exactly a free form. Note, this doesn't
      mean that NO can't be a sound in a name such as Ueno which is a
      locative place name and doesn't have any of the -no- problems.