Traveling Hat

  • juditheileen21
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2010
      Greetings to the group.

      I am new to the idea of portraying medieval Japanese. Living in the Phoenix, AZ area I like the idea of being able to wear a large hat. Where can I get one of the lovely large hats that a lady would wear while traveling?

      Thank you,
      Eileen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2010
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "juditheileen21" <judith.eileen@...> wrote:
        > I am new to the idea of portraying medieval Japanese. Living in the Phoenix, AZ area I like the idea of being able to wear a large hat. Where can I get one of the lovely large hats that a lady would wear while traveling?

        http://www.shop-japan.co.jp/english-boku/warring5.htm carries a sando gasa.

        Soko Hardware in San Francisco frequently has them as well. Last time I checked they were around $30. Sorry, they are not online. You could try calling and see if they will ship you one.
        1698 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94115, (415) 931-5510