Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Having armour made...Now for the Garb.

  • Ellen Badgley
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2010

      > Oh, before I forget, the English language side of the Kyoto Costume Museum
      > lumps Kamakura through Momoyama periods together, however, things are listed

      Well, of course! As long as those silly samurai were in charge, no real
      culture happened, unlike the days of our scintillating and enlightened
      capital. ;)

      Abe Akirakeiko
      Nara (and occasionally Heian) snob

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2010
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Ellen Badgley <flyingrat42@...> wrote:
        > Well, of course! As long as those silly samurai were in charge, no real
        > culture happened, unlike the days of our scintillating and enlightened
        > capital. ;)

        Except for the textile artists. As much as I love the elegance of Our Storied Capital, there are an AWFUL lot of pretty things being made for those silly samurai to wear. The imaginative variety.....