Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Questions about 1500-1600 clothing

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 39 , May 15, 2010
      On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Audrey Bergeron-Morin
      <audreybmorin@...> wrote:

      > Thank you!
      >
      > I have now found examples of both types, so I think it probably doesn't
      > matter what I do, as long as I do all my layers the same way.
      >
      > Here are a few examples.

      "Jidai Ishou no Nuikata" shows all different types.

      For the most part, round-collar garments attach right at the edge of
      the fabric. V-neck garments are split with a majority of the okumi
      coming down from the turn of the collar, though they don't come
      straight down, but the sewing line is shown at a slight angle so that
      it approaches the edge of the fabric towards the bottom.

      -Ii
    • JL Badgley
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 14, 2010
        On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Erin Kelly <tupan4@...> wrote:
        > Does anyone here know how old/applicable these expressions (learned via
        > modern Japanese pop culture) might be?
        >
        >  - Yosh! (motivating exclamation before attempting something physical or
        > difficult)
        >  - Yu-issho! (I think this is to motivate people working together, but I
        > might be mis-hearing it.)
        >  - Ganbatte! (go for it/ do your best)
        >  - Yatta! (I did it)
        >
        > ERIN

        They all strike me as modern, and yet I wouldn't worry about that for
        purposes of the SCA; it will still add flavor to your persona. The
        words are not necessarily modern, I just don't know about the
        pronunciation.