Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Questions about 1500-1600 clothing

  • Jennifer Kobayashi
    Message 1 of 39 , May 15, 2010

      >From: Audrey Bergeron-Morin <audreybmorin@...>

      >>No, look at the picture on my blog.
      (did before last post, but still didn't get it. However...)

      >>I am asking if the overlap should be sewn to the edge of the front panel or
      >>offset by about 2,5 inches from the edge. Because on the extant pieces I
      >>have seen, it seems offset.

      Ah. this statement clears it up. I've got the question now - don't have the answer off hand but will see if I see anything.

      - Ki no Izumi
    • JL Badgley
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 14, 2010
        On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Erin Kelly <tupan4@...> wrote:
        > Does anyone here know how old/applicable these expressions (learned via
        > modern Japanese pop culture) might be?
        >
        >  - Yosh! (motivating exclamation before attempting something physical or
        > difficult)
        >  - Yu-issho! (I think this is to motivate people working together, but I
        > might be mis-hearing it.)
        >  - Ganbatte! (go for it/ do your best)
        >  - Yatta! (I did it)
        >
        > ERIN

        They all strike me as modern, and yet I wouldn't worry about that for
        purposes of the SCA; it will still add flavor to your persona. The
        words are not necessarily modern, I just don't know about the
        pronunciation.