Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Questions about 1500-1600 clothing

  • Audrey Bergeron-Morin
    Message 1 of 39 , May 15 12:37 PM
      > I must admit, I am confused by the question. Are you asking if the overlap
      > seam runs into the collar seam? If so, then the answer is Yes for all of
      > the diagrams mentioned. You sew the overlap to the edge of the front panel
      > and the collar goes over the top of the front panel and the overlap.
      >
      > If you are actually asking a different question, then please elaborate.
      > Sorry if I am being obtuse.
      >
      > - Ki no Izumi

      No, look at the picture on my blog.

      I am asking if the overlap should be sewn to the edge of the front panel or
      offset by about 2,5 inches from the edge. Because on the extant pieces I
      have seen, it seems offset.

      Let me see if I can make clearer diagrams and I'll get back to you.
    • JL Badgley
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 14, 2010
        On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Erin Kelly <tupan4@...> wrote:
        > Does anyone here know how old/applicable these expressions (learned via
        > modern Japanese pop culture) might be?
        >
        >  - Yosh! (motivating exclamation before attempting something physical or
        > difficult)
        >  - Yu-issho! (I think this is to motivate people working together, but I
        > might be mis-hearing it.)
        >  - Ganbatte! (go for it/ do your best)
        >  - Yatta! (I did it)
        >
        > ERIN

        They all strike me as modern, and yet I wouldn't worry about that for
        purposes of the SCA; it will still add flavor to your persona. The
        words are not necessarily modern, I just don't know about the
        pronunciation.