Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Questions about 1500-1600 clothing

  • Jennifer Kobayashi
    Message 1 of 39 , May 15, 2010
      >From: Audrey Bergeron-Morin <audreybmorin@...>
      >
      >>I've started sewing my costumes and I have a question about the collar and
      >>the position of the overlap.
      >
      >>Saionji and Kass seem to tell us to sew the overlap to the edge of the front
      >>panel, and the diagram in Dalby seems to agree.
      >
      >>However, Marshal tells us to sew the overlap to the collar sewing line.

      I must admit, I am confused by the question. Are you asking if the overlap seam runs into the collar seam? If so, then the answer is Yes for all of the diagrams mentioned. You sew the overlap to the edge of the front panel and the collar goes over the top of the front panel and the overlap.

      If you are actually asking a different question, then please elaborate. Sorry if I am being obtuse.

      - Ki no Izumi
    • JL Badgley
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 14, 2010
        On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Erin Kelly <tupan4@...> wrote:
        > Does anyone here know how old/applicable these expressions (learned via
        > modern Japanese pop culture) might be?
        >
        >  - Yosh! (motivating exclamation before attempting something physical or
        > difficult)
        >  - Yu-issho! (I think this is to motivate people working together, but I
        > might be mis-hearing it.)
        >  - Ganbatte! (go for it/ do your best)
        >  - Yatta! (I did it)
        >
        > ERIN

        They all strike me as modern, and yet I wouldn't worry about that for
        purposes of the SCA; it will still add flavor to your persona. The
        words are not necessarily modern, I just don't know about the
        pronunciation.