seattle childrens day

  • lobowraith@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2010
      SCA Japanese Mailing Listhope you are able to make it.

      Hello from the Japanese Cultural and Community Center of Washington!

      We are holding an exciting, FREE kids event being held the weekend of May 1-2 at the Japanese Cultural and Community Center of Washington.

      1414 S. Weller St.

      (just off Rainier Ave, 2 blocks south of Jackson)

      May 1 & 2

      Noon to 4:00 both days

      There will be:

      · taiko drumming

      · children's storytelling/singing

      · martial arts demonstrations

      · dancing

      · kids games and activities

      · koi nobori (carp) kite making

      · paper crafts

      · yukata and happi coat dress-up

      · a display of real Japanese yaroi (armor) and kabuto (helmet)

      · several displays of Japanese dolls including over 1,000 kokeshi dolls

      · and much, much more!

      This is our first annual celebration of Kodomo no Hi (Children's Day) and we hope you, your family and friends can share in this cultural exchange with us.

      Thank you for your time and consideration and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.