Re: Gasa and monkish items

  • yamamura_kitsune
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2010
      In addition to the information Saionji no Hanae provided you may want to contact Kuji-bozu, who has portrayed Yamabushi in the SCA for many years. He may be able to assist you with some of the more difficult items to acquire for monk personas. You can contact him via his webpage.

      http://kuji.windycitywizard.com

      Kashiko,
      Yamamura Kitsune
      "Aruki Miko of the Known World"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      yamamura.kitsune@...
      http://yamamura.weebly.com

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "dkirksey79" <dkirksey79@...> wrote:

      > Hello all. I was figuring out garb and such for my monk persona and was wondering if anyone knows of where I can buy a gasa or even how I can improvise one. I also am wondering about a Ju (prayer beads) and shikujo (staff). I feel these are essential props for a good persona. Any help would be much appreciated.

    • Bryant Richards
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20, 2010
        I don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for but it might help:
        http://www.asianideas.com/malabeads.html

        In Honor and Service,
        Uesugi no Ryujuichiro Uchiyasu
        House Chiburi