Re: Fw: [SmallGrayBear] long shot.... anyone translate Japanese?

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2010
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Sonny Scott <onesoni@...> wrote:

      > Here's a long shot - can anyone here, or know of anyone who can translate Japanese? I've got six books in Japanese on kites - many if not most are period designs .... drool.

      No, but this fairly recent book on Japanese kites might be worth a look to do a side by side comparison with. It's in English, it's a fairly affordable paperback and it has clear diagrams and instructions on how to build functional kites.

      Modegi Masaaki and the Japan Kite Association, "Making of Japanese Kites: Tradition, Beauty and Creation."

      http://www.amazon.com/Making-Japanese-Kites-Tradition-Creation/dp/4889962220/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271653917&sr=8-2