Re: [SCA-JML] Do question

  • rayzentz@aim.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 13 2:08 PM
      I have made two Do(s) for my children. I printed out the original patterns on Sengoku-Daimyo , measured my children, and then made pattern copies of varying sizes until the copies, and the measurements, matched. Then I made a paper mock-up first. Important, having the mock-up. I did the first Do out of plastic, and the second from steel. I did not want to spend the time on cutting the steel, and find my sizes were wrong.

      After I did the mock-up, I adjusted a few things, and then used the mock-up as the basis for the pattern. Worked pretty well.

      Dr. Raymond Zentz

      It is better to die a free man, than to live, a slave.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15 7:43 PM
        I actually found some instructions on good 'ol Armor Archive that gives some more help with measuring. Beyond that I have decied to use kydex and was wondering if any of you new the magical formula for baking it what temp should it bake at an how long. I was also wondering if I should drill holes before or after I form the plates. It has been awhile since I worked with plastic and that was in the days of ABS...

        REQUEST FROM MOD:

        If you *must* top-post (which is discouraged), please clip all the unnecessary messages below yours, rather than quote four layers of messages. Thank you