Looking for a SCA legal Momanari helm

  • majora120690
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 7, 2010
      Does anyone know of a armorer that makes the SCA legal Japanese Momanari Helm? Black Hydra armory use to make them but they are not on the web anymore.

      Thank you.
    • Jamie Shirley
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 7, 2010
        Marco Borromei makes some nice SCA legal Japanese helms, not sure of what all types he can do but they are very nice helms. His website is down, but I am CCing him on this thread.
        Fuyutsukime

        Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.
        - Robert Frost

        ________________________________
        Does anyone know of a armorer that makes the SCA legal Japanese Momanari Helm? Black Hydra armory use to make them but they are not on the web anymore.

        Thank you.

      • Shefferly, Charles
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 7, 2010
          You can try here

          http://www.tworavensarmoury.com/

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 7, 2010
            I know Marco made rapier helms. I didn't know he has branched out to SCA
            heavy helms

            ________________________________

            Does anyone know of a armorer that makes the SCA legal Japanese Momanari
            Helm? Black Hydra armory use to make them but they are not on the web
            anymore.

            Thank you.

            **********************
            ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
            **********************

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 7, 2010
              I thought he started off making heavy helms? (chuckle) I wll have to find out.

              ____________ _________ _________ __

              Does anyone know of a armorer that makes the SCA legal Japanese Momanari
              Helm? Black Hydra armory use to make them but they are not on the web
              anymore.

              Thank you.

              ************ ********* *
              ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
              ************ ********* *

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 7, 2010
                --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "majora120690" <majora120690@...> wrote:

                > Does anyone know of a armorer that makes the SCA legal Japanese Momanari Helm? Black Hydra armory use to make them but they are not on the web anymore.

                Yes they are: http://www.blackhydraarmouries.com/Base/myhome.htm

              • Charles Dodge
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 7, 2010
                  Unfortunately Mykaru won't be making anymore SCA Heavy helms after he finishes his current queue, about 4/5 more I believe. If you want a Mykaru helm try searching Armour Archives and other online sources. Otherwise, Ruthardis at Two Ravens is coming along nicely in making Japanese Helms.

                  Nakos

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 7, 2010
                    --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Charles Dodge <greek_nakos@...> wrote:

                    > Unfortunately Mykaru won't be making anymore SCA Heavy helms after he finishes his current queue, about 4/5 more I believe.

                    What a pity! He does lovely work.

                    Saionji no Hanae
                    Gushing Fangirl