Re: Japanese persona history question

  • rowen_g
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2010
      Ah, thank you. Any in other kingdoms? (I will admit to some "stealth" here - I was Laurel'd as Kitare Hinoki (plus more bits of name) in May of 1980, and was looking for others of that "vintage" as I was asked about it, and hadn't a clue.)

      Rowen, formerly Hinoki

      > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "rowen_g" <rowengr@> wrote:
      > > Is it possible to determine who were the first half-dozen or so of folk elevated to the order of the Laurel, who had at the time specifically Japanese personas?
      >
      > The only person Laurel I am aware of in the West Kingdom for Japanese arts was the late Omatsu Yoshiaki who received his peerage in 1990.
      > http://history.westkingdom.org/Who/Who-O.htm
      >
      > The reason I know this is because every old-timer who is introduced to me simply HAS to invoke his name at me. ;-D
      >
      > Saionji no Hanae

    • Elaine Koogler
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6, 2010
        I know that Master Edward of Effingham (Hiraizumi Tôrokurô Tadanobu) was
        Laureled in the Midrealm some years back and I received my Laurel
        partially for Japanese research in 2001. I am not aware of any other
        Laurels in this area in Atlantia.

        Kiri

        --
        "/It is only with the heart /that one can see clearly; what is essential
        is invisible to the eye."

      • Deb Strub
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6, 2010
          I was laurelled in 1994 in An Tir and have been a Japanese persona for
          nearly all of my 30+ years in the SCA. Does this help?

          YIS,

          Murakami Tsuruko

          Barony of Dragon's Laire

          Kingdom of An Tir

          _____

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7, 2010
            Yes, thank you; all responses are appreciated.

            Rowen