Re: Japanese persona history question

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2010
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "rowen_g" <rowengr@...> wrote:
      > Is it possible to determine who were the first half-dozen or so of folk elevated to the order of the Laurel, who had at the time specifically Japanese personas?

      The only person Laurel I am aware of in the West Kingdom for Japanese arts was the late Omatsu Yoshiaki who received his peerage in 1990.
      http://history.westkingdom.org/Who/Who-O.htm

      The reason I know this is because every old-timer who is introduced to me simply HAS to invoke his name at me. ;-D

      Saionji no Hanae
    • rowen_g
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6, 2010
        Ah, thank you. Any in other kingdoms? (I will admit to some "stealth" here - I was Laurel'd as Kitare Hinoki (plus more bits of name) in May of 1980, and was looking for others of that "vintage" as I was asked about it, and hadn't a clue.)

        Rowen, formerly Hinoki

        > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "rowen_g" <rowengr@> wrote:
        > > Is it possible to determine who were the first half-dozen or so of folk elevated to the order of the Laurel, who had at the time specifically Japanese personas?
        >
        > The only person Laurel I am aware of in the West Kingdom for Japanese arts was the late Omatsu Yoshiaki who received his peerage in 1990.
        > http://history.westkingdom.org/Who/Who-O.htm
        >
        > The reason I know this is because every old-timer who is introduced to me simply HAS to invoke his name at me. ;-D
        >
        > Saionji no Hanae

      • Elaine Koogler
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6, 2010
          I know that Master Edward of Effingham (Hiraizumi Tôrokurô Tadanobu) was
          Laureled in the Midrealm some years back and I received my Laurel
          partially for Japanese research in 2001. I am not aware of any other
          Laurels in this area in Atlantia.

          Kiri

          --
          "/It is only with the heart /that one can see clearly; what is essential
          is invisible to the eye."

        • Deb Strub
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6, 2010
            I was laurelled in 1994 in An Tir and have been a Japanese persona for
            nearly all of my 30+ years in the SCA. Does this help?

            YIS,

            Murakami Tsuruko

            Barony of Dragon's Laire

            Kingdom of An Tir

            _____

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7, 2010
              Yes, thank you; all responses are appreciated.

              Rowen