Re: Greetings

    Message 1 of 91 , Apr 3, 2010
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "dkirksey79" <dkirksey79@...> wrote:
      > I am interested in a Sohei persona these days so that is where I will focus. I first have a question about equipment...Where there any specifics on what manner of armour and weapons a Sohei was allowed or typically used, like specific colors and such? This will help me finalize my current armour.

      There are a couple of discussion threads over on the Tousando forum that might help:

      http://tousando.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=garb&action=display&thread=1438 includes photos of how to camouflage a European helmet with a kato no kesa.

      http://tousando.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=research&action=display&thread=1940

      There's also an image on the Kyoto Costume Museum website that might be of interest:
      http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/wayou/32.htm

      Welcome back!

      Message 91 of 91 , Apr 5, 2010
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "garrettehill" <garrettehill@...> wrote:
        > I am new and I don't know what a Sohei persona is, could you explain a bit more please.

        Sohei were warrior monks. If you do a web search on "Mount Hiei" and "Benkei" you should find some basic information to start with.