RE: [SCA-JML] Re: Did the Japanese knit?

  • Chibasama Ryuichiro
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 15 8:06 AM
      I made a hat using some basket weaving techniques. I'm sure it's not
      period, but with a little research, it might be something she enjoys.

      Live, Love, Learn!
      -Chiba

      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 15 10:03 AM
        Found this online about knitting in Asia (at least in China), which
        really kind of surprised me in that they specifically claim it didn't
        come in until the 19th or 20th century.

        http://knittingkninja.com/category/knitting-history/

        Kind of surprising; I would have thought at least some nalbinding,
        etc. might have made its way into the trade routes.