Re: Rattan

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 15, 2010
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Bryant Richards <ninjalikereflex@...> wrote:

      > Anyone know where to order Rattan for heavy fighting? I used to have an SCA approved site bookmarked but I can't seem to find it now.

      http://www.caningshop.com/index.html is where the locals in my kingdom get theirs. If you tell them it's for SCA use, they'll know what you want.

      Saionji no Hanae
    • L Canfield
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 15, 2010
        I know a few in  Aethelmearc get it on eBay.

        Hope that helps..

        > Anyone know where to order Rattan for heavy fighting? I used to have an SCA approved site bookmarked but I can't seem to find it now.

      • John Lyon
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 15, 2010
          If you are anywhere near Minneapolis Rattan and Wicker on 494 keeps some
          stuff aside for us. I know my Knight Sir Tom got together with a bunch of
          locals and ordered 200 staves or so. But I have no idea where they got it
          from.

          On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 7:25 AM, L Canfield <ldykelilalockley@...>wrote:

          > I know a few in Aethelmearc get it on eBay.
          >
          > Hope that helps..
          >

          > > Anyone know where to order Rattan for heavy fighting? I used to have an
          > SCA approved site bookmarked but I can't seem to find it now.

          "You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I
          things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I
          take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
          -Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5

          John Lyon
          aka The Ugly Dragon
          aka Kita Jiru Toramassa